The following are marriage, parenting and psychotherapy resources that will enhance your therapy.
Relationship / Communication
- Non Violent Communication, Marshall Rosenberg
- Getting the Love You Want, Harville Hendrix
- Keeping the Love You Find, Harville Hendrix
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, Sue Johnson
- Why Marriages Succeed or Fail, John Gottman
- Parent Effectiveness Training, Gordon Thomas
- Parenting Without Power Struggles, Susan Stiffelman
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child, John Gottman
Sex / Intimacy
- Radical Acceptance, Tara Brach
- Running On Empty, Christine Musello and Jonice Webb
- The Happiness Advantage, Shawn Achor
- 10% Happier, Dan Harris
- EMDR International Association
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- AAMFT Questions on Marriage and Family Therapists
"The quality of life is in proportion always, to the capacity for delight. The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention."
"Once we give up searching for approval, we often find it easier to earn respect."
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."